[tldistro] tarballs for TeX Live

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Jun 23 23:56:04 CEST 2008

I put up a first shot at the tarballs for TeX Live at
ftp://tug.org/texlive/Images/test/ aka
rsync://tug.org/texlive-Images/test/texlivetest-DATE-TYPE.tar.lzma.

Based on our earlier mail, there are four:
- texmf (the texmf trees)
- source (the TL-specific sources)
- bin (the binaries distributed with TL), and
- extra (top-level README's, miscellanous other files)

I imagine you guys will only care about source and texmf.  These are not
mirrored to CTAN, so you'll have to get them from tug.

The distributions are compressed with lzma.  E.g.,
texlivetest-20080623-texmf.tar.lzma

They unpack into a directory of the same name, as in
texlivetest-20080623-texmf/

I also made the images for 2007 (and 2008) available at
ftp://tug.org/historic/systems/texlive/2007 (and /2008).

If a different arrangement of any of the above works better (such as a
dateless symlink for the latest build?), just let me know.  These are
here for your benefit, so I want to do whatever is easiest for you to
deal with.

These will be updated nightly from now on.

Best,
Karl