[tldistro] problem installing

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Jun 23 02:26:12 CEST 2008

Hi Francois,

    warning: kpathsea: configuration file texmf.cnf not found in these
    directories:

The compile-time path for TEXMFCNF is set in kpathsea/paths.h, which is
created by make from texmf.cnf.  See kpathsea/Makefile.in.

I do not know where the process is breaking down with your
configure-with-one-set-of-directories followed by
make-with-another-set-of-directories.  Can you trace it through?

Perhaps a workaround would be to set TEXMFCNF in the run-texlinks target
in tetex/Makefile.in to whatever it needs to be.

Sorry, that's all I can come up with right now ...

Best,
Karl