[tldistro] libxpdf vs poppler

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Apr 16 08:24:39 CEST 2008

On Di, 15 Apr 2008, Karl Berry wrote:
> seems rather strange for "pdftex" to mean a poppler-linked program on
> some systems and an xpdf-linked program on others (and in the original).

Well, I don't see nothing strange, xdvi is linked on some systems with
the motif libs, on some systems with the lesstif lib, on some systems
with plain X.

Many programs are linked to different libs on different systems. The
only importance is that the libraries provide the same functionality.

Best wishes

Norbert