[tldistro] libxpdf vs poppler

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Apr 16 23:44:44 CEST 2008

    xdvi is linked on some systems with
    the motif libs, on some systems with the lesstif lib, on some systems
    with plain X.

Different UI's is not analogous.

    only importance is that the libraries provide the same functionality.

My guess is that, for some (probably unusual) TeX documents, whether
poppler or xpdf is used in the backend will produce different results
despite "pdftex" being used to process both.  No, I don't have any
real example, but it seems inevitable, software being what it is.

But if Martin isn't concerned about it, I'm not either :).

karl