[tlbuild] TL24 rebuild from branch please

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Mar 25 21:39:04 CET 2024

Ken asked me the following, and I thought I'd reply to the list, for
possible clarity:

    kbr> I assume I should just copy the new binaries to
    trunk/Master/bin/x86_64-cygwin and commit them as usual.  Is that right,

Yes.

    kbr> or is there a different procedure to reflect the fact that the
    binaries were built from a branch?

No different procedure. (E.g., there's no reason to commit the new
binaries to the *branch* bin/dirs.)

Also: I failed to remember that eptex & co. had a different version of
the file. Akira thankfully updated eptexdir/unbalanced-braces-eptex.ch
in the branch in r70765, as of 2024-03-25 04:14:33 +0100 (Mon, 25 Mar).
The new file is 5735 bytes. So if you built after that, I'm afraid
you'll need to rebuild agan. Sorry.

I believe the only binaries which "really" changed are euptex, pdftex,
and xetex. (I see from Marc's commit that the *proofsort scripts and
xdvi-xaw also changed for him. Fine that they got committed too.)

Thanks,
Karl