[tlbuild] NetBSD help ...

Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info
Tue Jan 23 13:51:41 CET 2024

On Tue, 23 Jan 2024, Marc Baudoin wrote:
> They should already be part of the base system (if installed
> correctly).  Do you have /usr/X11R7/lib and /usr/X11R7/include?

Nupe, no /usr/X*, nor /usr/local/X*

> No idea, I have X11R7 in my base system so I don't use pkgsrc (or
> binary packages) to install X.  But installing Athena should pull
> everything needed (Intrinsics, Xlib, etc.) as dependencies.

Bummer, that is all a huge pain. NetBSD seems really just be a pile of
.... thrown together and let users die. Idiotic. No wonder the world
forgot about this part ...

I spent about 1h for getting FreeBSD running, without any prior
knowledge. That was already long, but ok, I have no idea about BSD.
Now I spent about 3h on NetBSD, to no avail, despite having done the
setup for FreeBSD.

I guess I give up and leave it to someone else. The code is there,
go ahead anyone
	https://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Build/source/.github/scripts/build-tl.sh?revision=69558&view=markup
There are two places to contribute, the prepare part to install
necessary, and the Build invocation.

Enough is enough (for now)

Thanks Marc for all your help, but it seems NetBSD is just too
complicated for someone like me with 30+ years of experience.

Norbert

Mercari Inc.     +     IFMGA Guide     +     TU Wien     +     TeX Live