[tlbuild] LuaMetaTeX for TeX Live

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Sep 18 22:45:12 CEST 2022

    I would say that the question is pretty comparable to "what's the
    point of including one particular version of LuaTeX into TL" that one
    would have asked some years ago when LuaTeX was not yet "frozen".

The difference is that luatex always had a purpose beyond context. (And
thank goodness it did.) As I understand it, this is not the case for lmtx.

You would know a lot better than me, but my impression is what Luigi
said: all context users download from the garden. So I still fail to see
the benefit in having lmtx in TL. -k