[tlbuild] LuaMetaTeX for TeX Live

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 15:25:34 CEST 2022

Dear Dick,

I didn't actually try it out (I can), but I would imagine that simply
downloading CMake.app in the current build directory and running
./CMake.app/Contents/bin/cmake should do the job without the need to
install anything. Microsoft Visual Studio ships with CMake integrated into
the tool, while Apple would probably refuse this idea.

If writing build recipes was easier, I would in fact much prefer to have
the whole TL build in CMake. At the moment Windows builds require a lot of
extra work and maintenance and I'm not sure how many people beyond Akira
know how to handle that at all.

It shouldn't be a problem to write autofoo magic for luametatex in
principle, it's just extra work that probably nobody really enjoys doing.

Both autofoo and CMake are a pain, but CMake is at least Windows friendly.

Mojca

V ned., 18. sep. 2022 14:59 je oseba Richard Koch <koch at uoregon.edu>