[tlbuild] tlmgr/install-tl bug: running out of disk space

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed Mar 16 02:58:57 CET 2022

On Tue, Mar 15, 2022 at 08:19:03AM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> > an interesting “solution”: I got the Net::LWP Perl package with HTTPS
> > support. Now things run five times faster (by ETA prediction as well as
>
> Yes, that is the reason why Net::LWP is the preferred and first tried
> download methods ;-)
> curl/wget are only fallbacks and are rather slow and put a lot of burden
> on the servers.

Since I'm hoping to find time to test in the next few days, does
anyone have a link to the source for "Net::LWP" (presumably
Net-LWP-$version) at cpan or metacpan ?

I've gurgled, lots of other Net: or LWP: (libwww-perl) packages show
up, but I can't seem to find anything which matches.

Normally I build from source, so I don't need it, but for my pretest
binary install(s) I guess it would be a good idea to reduce the
burden on the servers.  For my source builds (specifically biber)
I'm using LWP-Protocol-https Net/SSLeay, IO-Socket-SSL, libwww-perl
with its required deps, and using the 'distro' (BLFS) certificates
instead of Mozilla::CA and none of those seem to provide any Net/LWP
directory or module unless I'm blind (possible).

But I know we have people who install the released binaries, so if
adding a dep for that will help, then so be it.

TIA

ĸen
--
The beauty of reading a page of de Selby is that it leads one
inescapably to the conclusion that one is not, of all nincompoops,