[tlbuild] dvi test? [dvi differences]

John Hawkinson jhawk at alum.mit.edu
Tue Feb 1 03:21:13 CET 2022

> I surmise it is not the Mac that causes any difference, but the exact
> version of LaTeX. Specifically, I suspect that John is typesetting with
> a slightly older version of LaTeX. When I typeset Koch.tex with the 100%
> up-to-date latex, I get exactly the same DVI as you do, Dick (modulo the
> timestamp).

I'm using TeXLive 2021 as articulated in the original bug report:

 This is pdfTeX, Version 3.141592653-2.6-1.40.22 (TeX Live 2021) (preloaded format=latex)

I sent the full latex and .log output to Dick this morning but I don't have his so I cannot compare versions.

If this is indeed the cause, then it seems like we can set Dick's test case to the side and stick with the t2a.tex which consistently produces a t2a.dvi that fails on all the modern MacOS platforms.

jhawk at alum.mit.edu
John Hawkinson