[tlbuild] Asymptote on Mac

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Fri Jan 14 01:27:01 CET 2022

John,

The asymptote in the latest TeX Live sources builds fine for me on Arm, running either the latest system Monterey or the earlier Big Sur.

Today I tried to compile on Intel, where we support still earlier systems. But on both Catalina and Mojave I ran into the following error message when building:

--------
Creating types.d
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DUSEGC  -D_THREAD_SAFE -pthread -DFFTWPP_SINGLE_THREAD -Wall -I/Users/koch/AsymptoteBuild/include -I/Users/koch/AsymptoteBuild/include/gsi -I/Users/koch/AsymptoteBuild/include/readline -I. -Igc-8.2.0/include -I/usr/include/tirpc -std=c++14 -g -DBROKEN_COMPILER -ILspCpp -ILspCpp/LibLsp/JsonRpc -o camperror.o -c camperror.cc<http://camperror.cc>
In file included from camperror.cc:15<http://camperror.cc:15>:
In file included from ./vm.h:11:
In file included from ./errormsg.h:15:
./symbolmaps.h:151:17: error: exception specification of explicitly defaulted copy assignment operator does not match the calculated one
    SymbolInfo& operator=(SymbolInfo const& symInfo) noexcept = default;
                ^
1 error generated.
make: *** [camperror.o] Error 1
--------

I haven't spent any time on this, hoping that it immediately rings a bell with someone else. Does it with you?

Richard Koch
koch at uoregon.edu<mailto:koch at uoregon.edu>