[tlbuild] Broken bibtex tests

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun May 12 23:22:59 CEST 2019

    FAIL: tests/bibtexu-yannis.test

I just changed that script to "exit 0" instead of testing anything, so
the builds could proceed for now (r51108).

The problem is presumably related to the real test that Hironobu added
on May 5. Since it succeeds on some systems (i386-linux x86_64-linux
x86_64-darwinlegacy), I wonder if the failure (*-solaris *bsd etc.) is
due to different locale-related environment settings or (worse)
behavior in libc or wherever.

If you explicitly set LC_ALL=C in bibtexu-yannis.test (or, I suppose, in
the environment before running the build), does it succeed?

I also wonder if the -l fr -o fr arguments could somehow cause
system-dependent behavior, as it doesn't seem like all of those entries are
in French. Although one would hope that it would still come out the same
across systems.

Hironobu, any ideas how to proceed? Besides taking out the test :).
--thanks, karl.