[tlbuild] asy on Macintosh

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 14:46:13 CET 2019

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 at 13:53, John Bowman wrote:

> Hi Mojca,
> It's good to know that there is a new gc release (and that the official source has moved, with a 8.0.4 released just 27 days ago) and that it compiles on the Mac.
> I will make a new release with these changes later today. It will also include a fix to an asy bug (broken soccerball example) that needs to fixed across all platforms.
> What do we do about -lgccpp? Is that still needed for some MacOSX platforms and if so is there a way to detect which ones?

With MacPorts boehmgc (when built as a standalone library) installs three files:
    /opt/local/lib/libgccpp.1.dylib
    /opt/local/lib/libgccpp.a
    /opt/local/lib/libgccpp.dylib
and those files are probably used when you ask for "-lgccpp", while I
don't find any such files when building gc from within asymptote. I
see libgc.a, but I also see that the configure.ac file is refering to
that file a couple of times.

If you can explain why gc doesn't create libgccpp.a, maybe we can
figure out what the logic should be?