[tlbuild] asy on Macintosh

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 10:26:28 CET 2019

Hi,

I wanted to confirm that I was able to build asymptote on Mac OS X
10.6 (I didn't yet test on Solaris or FreeBSD) against gc 8.0.4(!!!),
but without libglew yet, so probably without OpenGL support (that
said, the OpenGL framework is linked against, so there's something
semi-fishy about the configuration and reporting about what's
supported).

On Fri, 29 Mar 2019 at 00:30, Richard Koch wrote:

>         1) I built static libraries for fftw-3.3.8, glew-2.1.0, gsl-2.5, and readline-6.3

Can you please share the commands to build glew? (I'm tempted to use
CMake, but I would prefer to get some proven recipe before I spend too
much time on it).

>         4) I added two files,
>
>         curl -O http://hboehm.info/gc/gc_source/gc-7.6.0.tar.gz
>         curl -O http://www.ivmaisoft.com/_bin/atomic_ops/libatomic_ops-7.6.0.tar.gz

I went with gc 8.0.4 and it seems to have worked without problems on 10.6.

>         6) I edited glrender.cc:1266 by commenting out the line containing
>         GLUT-CORE_PROFILE

Since I was missing glew, I didn't run into this issue yet.

>         7) I ran .configure as below, and then edited the Make file to remove the single occurrence
>         of   -lgccpp

That was needed in my case as well.

I'm currently using this to build asymptote (new dependencies are
still missing):
    https://github.com/TeXLive-M/build-asymptote
but I'll try to adapt it to make it work on other systems such as
FreeBSD or Solaris.