[tlbuild] Problems with xdvipdmfx (at least) and some fonts

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sat Aug 22 11:22:42 CEST 2015

Dear Kakuto-san,

On Fri, 21 Aug 2015, Akira Kakuto wrote:
> I believe that you are not using truly TeX Live upstream xdvipdfmx.

I do. The sources are from 2015.05.24, svn 37493, which are as
far as I see the releaed 2015 sources.

The non-Debian specific patches I apply are only:
	libpng-arm64-neon-fix
	mktexlsr-use-mktemp
	remove-libdir-from-kpathsea-pkgconfig
	upstream-svn38091-fix-pltotf-output

> Native type1 fonts after TL 2015 were supported very recently.

I know that there have been problems, but in *former* times
(2014? 2013?) Type1 fonts were properly supported!

> See an attached t1test.tar.gz.

??? Yes, the included PDFs look perfectly valid for me?
Don't they look for you?

Is there something strange going on with the viewers?

Norbert