[tlbuild] Problems with xdvipdmfx (at least) and some fonts

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at gmx.de
Sat Aug 22 04:27:15 CEST 2015

On 2015-08-21 at 21:37:15 +0900, Akira Kakuto wrote:

 > Hi Norbert,
 >
 > > I want to report a problem we are facing here at Debian.
 >
 > I believe that you are not using truly TeX Live upstream xdvipdfmx.
 > Native type1 fonts after TL 2015 were supported very recently.
 > See an attached t1test.tar.gz.

Hi Akira,
I'm quite amazed that XeTeX doesn't apply any kerning.  Both your PDF
files look awful in this respect.

However, the file gsfonts-8.11+urwcyr1.0.7~pre44/n021003l.afm contains
a line

  KPX W o -76

and when I make use of it in PostScript

  (Hello W) show -76 0 rmoveto (orld) show

I get proper kerning.