[tlbuild] Allow for building synctex as shared library

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Jun 26 01:50:02 CEST 2014

Dear Peter, Karl, all of you,

(please keep Ccs, thanks)

Here on the Debian side we got a bug report asking for converting
the synctex code into a shared library. The reason is that many
projects nowadays include the synctex code. According to Sebastian
and Debian codesearch [1] this is at least:
okular, evince, texworkds, texmaker, texstudio and gummi.

Changed in the library as it happens now and then break these program,
so there was the wish to make it available as shared library.

Sebastian Ramacher (in Cc), the original bug reporter, has provided
a patch to the TeX Live sources which provides this facility,
the patch is attached. It applies with a one minimal fuzz to
current TeX Live svn sources.

I would like to ask your opinion, and maybe inclusion in future
versions.

Thanks a lot

Norbert

GPG: 0x860CDC13   fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13