[tlbuild] interact.cc and getline insanity

John Bowman bowman at ualberta.ca
Thu Apr 24 16:51:26 CEST 2014

> I think it would be better to stick to standard C++ and avoid any
> system specific thing,

That's not going to happen. Asymptote uses all kinds of POSIX functionality
outside the scope of C++.
This is why under the MSDOS binary has to be compiled under the cygwin
environment.

For outdated (pre 2008) systems, a revised verision of the getline patch is
attached (the previous version still left
an used call to getline in the code, sorry). You may recall that last year
I put this regression in, specifically for the TL 2013 release, to give
everyone a year to upgrade. I removed it immediately after and there have
been no complaints from the
Asymptote community over the past year. For those who haven't upgraded yet,
you'll now need to apply this patch on your own.

Regards,

-- John

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 8:15 AM, Apostolos Syropoulos <asyropoulos at gmail.com