[tlbuild] 2014 builds for FreeBSD

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Apr 2 23:16:07 CEST 2014

    I see that the Build script sets MAKE if not set to TL_MAKE.
    Perhaps it should reciprocally set TL_MAKE if not set to MAKE,

That should not be necessary.  I'm baffled.  I don't just want throw in
kludges without understanding the underlying cause.

    is GNU make and to look for gmake if it is not.

In principle, that should not be necessary either.

We keep having this dependency on GNU make reported, but actually, both
we and autotools authors go to a lot of trouble to *not* require GNU make.
So where is this dependency?  Is it in a third-party build system?
I seem to remember freetype or something?  Peter?