[tlbuild] 2014 builds for FreeBSD

Alan BRASLAU alan.braslau at cea.fr
Wed Apr 2 17:35:50 CEST 2014

On Wed, 2 Apr 2014 15:49:00 +0200
Marc Baudoin <babafou at babafou.eu.org> wrote:

> The right way to do this is to set the TL_MAKE environment
> variable (which is used by the Build script).  I do this on a
> NetBSD system (whose problems are quite similar regarding GNU
> extensions than on FreeBSD):
>
> TL_MAKE=gmake ./Build

I see that the Build script sets MAKE if not set to TL_MAKE.
Perhaps it should reciprocally set TL_MAKE if not set to MAKE,
only defaulting to "make" of neither are set.

Even better would be for the Build script to automatically test if make
is GNU make and to look for gmake if it is not. This should be easy to
do (and is done upstream for luatex).

Alan