[tlbuild] sed usage

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Apr 1 23:29:50 CEST 2014

(Nothing to do with the msg you replied to, so changing the subject.)

Hi Alan,

    TL build fails as sed is hardwired

Failing all else, you may have to change your PATH to get the sed that
is needed.

    appears that gsed extensions are used

Specifics please?  This is not intended to be the case, as far as I know.
I believe the standard automake/autoconf output does not require any
GNU-isms.

    ${SED-sed} at appropriate places so that one can define SED=gsed

Maybe.  But may not be feasible, and definitely is not desirable.  E.g.,
if the problem is part of some third-party package where we don't
control the build system.

Best,
Karl