[tlbuild] ttf2pk versus ttf2pk2

Hin-Tak Leung hintak_leung at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 1 20:44:58 CEST 2013

------------------------------
On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 15:05 BST Werner LEMBERG wrote:

>> [...] patched ttf2tfm (the freetype 1 version) fixed for
>> indeterminism and floating-point exception.
>
>Please post these patches!
>
>And *please* post an example of different TFMs, and a recipe how to
>generate them.  We are going in circles otherwise.

I already posted one patch. Since the whole purpose of ttf2pk/ttf2tfm is to adding use of new fonts, a rewrite or bug-fixes without aiming for that, just for the sake of it, is meaningless.

Besides, the two bug fixes turned out to be very obvious. and most familiarwith the code should be able to fix them in minutes.  That goes back to a point I kept repeating: why is a rewrite being done by somebody who does not use it?

Here are the hints: how many places is unintialised memory being used? how many lines are between the branching of ttf vs