[tlbuild] minor glitch in Work/libs/obsdcompat/Makefile

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Mon May 21 23:14:17 CEST 2012

In a build of today's snapshot (texlive-20120521), compilation failed
for Solaris 11 x86_64 because the option -Wno-pointer-sign in
Work/libs/obsdcompat/Makefile is unknown to gcc-3.x.

Although I do have a gcc-4.x compiler on this system, it generates bad
code elsewhere in the TeX Live 2012 tree, so it cannot be used.

I'm doing a manual edit to remove the offending -Wno-pointer-sign
option, and restarting.

I personally would vote for removal of all gcc-specific -Wxxx options
in TeX Live Makefiles; they too often have been compiler-version
dependent, and are of little use to end-installers (as opposed to
original code-authors) anyway.