[tlbuild] texlive-20120521 snapshot build failure on OpenBSD 5.1 i386

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Tue Jun 5 15:02:39 CEST 2012

On Mon, 21 May 2012, Nelson H. F. Beebe wrote:

> I'm attempting to build the texlive-20120521 snapshot from earlier
> today on OpenBSD 5.1 i386 without using any of the --without-xxx flags.

> The flags -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections are evidently the cause
> of the ? flags.

Hi Nelson,

configure has tried to link a test program using these flags, but perhaps
that program was too simple.

Attached is a small tarball doing two such tests.  Can you please try to run
configure on your OpenBSD 5.1 i386 system and observe the results from
   checking section flags in a trivial program...
   checking section flags in a simple program...
where you should get 'yes' in the first case and hopefully 'no' in the
second case.  Next running make should yield the same two results for
sections test 1 and sections test 2.

Regards
Peter