[tlbuild] minor glitch in Work/libs/obsdcompat/Makefile

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Tue May 22 08:06:05 CEST 2012

On Mon, 21 May 2012, Nelson H. F. Beebe wrote:

> In a build of today's snapshot (texlive-20120521), compilation failed
> for Solaris 11 x86_64 because the option -Wno-pointer-sign in
> Work/libs/obsdcompat/Makefile is unknown to gcc-3.x.

Hi Nelson,

this refers to gcc-3.2.y or gcc-3.3.y or gcc-3.4.y?

According to the code in libs/obsdcompat/configure{,.ac} that option is only
added for gcc-4.x.  Please have a look to see what went wrong.

In principle I agree that individual TL directories should not add gcc
spcific warning options, but libs/obsdcompat is something I have inherited
and until now I have avoided extensive changes.

Regards
Peter