[tlbuild] texlive and politics...

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Tue Mar 20 14:03:28 CET 2012

On Mo, 19 Mär 2012, Boris Veytsman wrote:
> Yes, this is exactly the solution Will suggested in the article I
> quoted.  Maybe I was wrong calling it "contortions", but this is not
> really straightforward. If a package is present in both repositories
> with different versions, it might lead to wrong behavior.  The

No, it will not. tlcontrib takes care of that. What is a "wrong behaviour"
you are imagining?

> "debian-like" behavior when I put the list of repositories into a
> config file and do "tlmgr update --all" is more intuitive.

It will not be like that, but somehow similar.

Best wishes

Norbert
KIBBLESWORTH (n.)
The footling amount of money by which the price of a given article in
a shop is less than a sensible number, in a vain hope that at least
one idiot will think it cheap. For instance, the kibblesworth on a
pair of shoes priced at £19.99 is 1p.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff