[tlbuild] Build question.

Scott Ballantyne sdb at ssr.com
Tue Mar 2 10:22:00 CET 2010

Sorry to bother you all again. Thanks to Manuel, I was able to locate
xz and use install-tl succesfully. However, now I have the same
problem with the binaries. I guess I am just too used to the TeTeX
method where everything was supplied in source form.

So my question: I have downloaded the sources with rsync, and am
compiling them now. When this is done, can I just copy them over the
existing binaries in the texlive source tree, or does something else
need to be done? And will this cause a problem with upgrading in the
future?

Thanks very much for your help.

Scott