[tlbuild] Still problems with epstopdf?

Angelo Graziosi angelo.graziosi at alice.it
Sun Oct 25 00:39:43 CEST 2009

About 24 hours ago I did a fresh checkout and build of TL2009 (on Cygwin
1.7).

I have installed with:

/tmp/tl2009_repo/install-tl -custom-bin /tmp/Master/bin/i386-cygwin
-location /tmp/tl2009_repo

choosing as base dir (TEXDIR), /usr/local/texlive (not the default
/usr/local/texlive/2009).

Now 'epstopdf' does not convert any more 'on the fly' the '.eps' files
to '.pdf', as we have experimented in the last months.

In other words, it seems that, now, 'epstopdf' works as in TL2008.

Is this to be expected? (It seems that we are near the release of
TL2009, so this looks very confusing.)

Cheers,
Angelo.