[tlbuild] Building TeX-Live 2009 on FreeBSD-CURRENT

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at freebsd.org
Sat Oct 24 12:17:18 CEST 2009

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 06:58:42 +0200, Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> wrote:
>On Sa, 24 Okt 2009, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
>> > Now all that remains for me to learn is: What is the recommended way of
>> > packaging these binaries into an installable TeX-Live distribution with
>> > the rest of TeX-Live's extra files?
>
> Not n easy task. Inprinciple you have to do what is described in
> 	Master/tlpkg/doc/repository-setup.txt

Hi Norbert,

Excellent!  That's what I was missing.

>> `tlmgr arch list' does not list i386-freebsd by just dropping the
>> binaries in `Master/bin'.  It seems I need to update or regenerate the
>
> No of course now.

I managed to rebuild the `tlpkg/texlive.tlpdb' with -find-files and it
does include the i386-freebsd binaries now.  The installation is usable
directly after this step for local work.  There are just a couple of
bits missing from the images now to be usable from others too:

  * A static build of xz.386-freebsd
  * A static build of wget.386-freebsd

The next steps would be to see if I can build asymptote and xindy.

Thanks for the help :-)