[tlbuild] Asymptote Build

Philipp Stephani st_philipp at yahoo.de
Sun Jun 28 18:34:19 CEST 2009

Richard Koch schrieb:
> John, et. al.,
>
> I'm the guy who builds TeX Live on Mac OS X. The build of asy for
> universal-darwin which is currently in the svn did NOT use the flags
>
>     --disable-gl --disable-gc
>
> Today's experiments suggest that I can also omit the flags
>
>     --disable-gsl --disable-fftw
>
> and thus enable all the libraries you folks desire. I've tested this
> with a simple LaTeX file containing embedded asy commands.

That's great; are all these libraries available on OS X by default? If
the answer is yes, then, together with John's Windows builds, we would
at least have complete builds for the two major platforms.

> I need to test all of this on lots of systems: PPC 10.3, 10.4, 10.5 and
> Intel 10.4, 10.5, 10.6. Might you have a short test document which would
> rapidly reveal that all four libraries are active and working?

Here is a very short piece of code. This should fail if one of the
libraries is not there. The garbage collector cannot be tested in this
way, unfortunately. If a shared library is expected but missing, the
loader simply refuses to execute the program.

size(4cm, 0);

// Test GSL
access gsl;
write(gsl.sinc(0));