[tlbuild] Asymptote Build

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Sun Jun 28 21:47:23 CEST 2009

Philipp,

Your email was extremely useful.

My initial version of asy failed all of your tests, unfortunately.

Compiling on Leopard Intel,  I managed to find, compile, and install
the fftw and gsl libraries. Then I threw away the .dylib versions of
the lib files. After recompiling asy, I got a version which passed
your first two tests, even after throwing away the fftw and gsl
libraries. So I claim that I managed to statically link those
libraries. (I still have to test by doing this on my actual build
machines, which run Tiger rather than Leopard. But I suspect I can use
those libraries.)

According to ./configure, the gc library was found and included.

Initially the OpenGL test failed, but that may be because Ghostscript
wasn't installed. After rebuilding as above, all of your tests
including the OpenGL test work. This means that if I compile on
Leopard and then test on Leopard, all of the libraries work.

But actually we compile on Tiger and then run on Tiger AND Leopard AND
Snow Leopard. So more tests follow. I'll let you know the results ...

Dick Koch