[tlbuild] texworks: libpoppler.so.4 from where?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Jun 17 01:28:20 CEST 2009

    I don't know, Karl?

As I wrote before, your TW binary from current Debian does not work on
my current CentOS system.  That seems like a pretty basic test.

Thus, I think it's impossible to ship portable TW binaries, due to all
the library dependencies and different systems doing very different
things with shared libs, even the basic X ones.  And the differences
between distros are going greater, not smaller.

Many distros do not install compatibility libraries by default, even
when they are available.

Thus I think all we can do is make the binaries available on the TW
download pages for different systems.

The only possible exception is Windows.  That has other issues (as you
know, Norbert) and there's no point going into it here.

karl