[tlbuild] Failure in building TL2009 on Cygwin (ICU)

Ken Brown kbrow1i at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 15:33:37 CEST 2009

On 6/7/2009 10:36 AM, Jonathan Kew wrote:
> Regarding the naming of ICU's Features.h, and the conflict with gcc's
> features.h under Cygwin, have you reported this to the ICU project?

Not yet, but I will.  Is there a particular contact person I should
report it to?  Or should I just send it to their mailing list?

> Whenever we import a new ICU release, the problem is liable to return
> unless it is fixed in the upstream sources -- or you find a way to
> resolve it through appropriate setting of #include paths during the
> build. (What does the cygwin port of ICU do?)

The cygwin port of ICU doesn't do anything about this, and there's no
problem.  I'm not sure what happens during the texlive build that's
different, but it won't matter if the ICU people accept the change.

Ken