[tlbuild] xetex and xdvipdfmx: explicit dependency on external libfreetype and libz

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Mon May 18 10:39:30 CEST 2009

On Sun, 17 May 2009, Vladimir Volovich wrote:

> PB> Please read all of my previous mail.
>
> i tried to read it, ...

Hi Vladimir,

but haven't answered my question.

Do you have a shared libfontconfig? Obviously yes.

Do you have a libfontconfig.la file?

Are the dependencies encoded into libfontconfig.so? Obviously yes.

> ... but i don't understand your conclusions on "will
> probably fail" in some cases.

The cxx-hack for cygwin has the effect that the link step requires all
libraries to be static (in general undesirable, but acceptable for cygwin
where the location of every library and support file is fixed).

Now, if a static libfontconfig comes last, how are any symbols refering to
(the static) libfreetype resolved?

Regards
Peter