[tlbuild] TeX Live builds -- second summary

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Wed May 6 11:02:10 CEST 2009

On Tue, 5 May 2009, Ken Brown wrote:

> 2. Apply the following patch to xetex.am:
>
> -xetex_cppflags = -DLE_USE_CMEMORY -I$(srcdir)/xetexdir
> +xetex_cppflags = -DU_STATIC_IMPLEMENTATION -I$(srcdir)/xetexdir
>
> I imagine that you will at some point be able to make the xetex build system
> figure out on its own that -DU_STATIC_IMPLEMENTATION is needed for cygwin,

Hi Ken,

don't think so.

> but, again, I'm happy to maintain this patch locally in the meantime.

But I did a grep of the library sources for both strings and found that this
should work for all systems.  Just changed it, works fine for Linux, for the
others we'll have to see.

Ken and Jonathan,

as for your icu-xetex patches, they seem to be quite extensive, but a major
part are just comments describing the cygwin port.  However, the icu-xetex
sources are already so voluminous that adding this bit would not make much
of a difference.  The actual changes are quite limited and I see no reason
not to incorporate them into the TL tree.  I think, however, that this
should be done by Jonathan Kew, who might also want to coordinate all that
with upstream icu.

> 4. ./Build --without-graphite

Why is that needed?

Regards