[tlbuild] TeX Live builds -- second summary

Ken Brown kbrow1i at gmail.com
Wed May 6 12:55:58 CEST 2009

On 5/6/2009 5:02 AM, Peter Breitenlohner wrote:
> as for your icu-xetex patches, they seem to be quite extensive, but a major
> part are just comments describing the cygwin port.

Hi Peter,

I think you're talking about the patches Angelo and Rodrigo came up with
for cygwin-1.5, included in a recent email from Angelo.  The only
patches needed for cygwin-1.7 are the ones involving Features.h and
mh-cygwin.  I've attached them here again for clarity.  (In fact, at
least one of the patches for cygwin-1.5 had to be reverted for
cygwin-1.7, and I decided it was just easier to start from scratch and
do the minimum that would make the build work.)

>> 4. ./Build --without-graphite
>
> Why is that needed?

I haven't tried to build with graphite support recently, but the last
time I tried it failed.  And I know Angelo and Rodrigo couldn't get it
to work last year for TL2008.  I'll try again and report back.  Maybe
you can figure out what the problem is.

Regards,

Ken