[tlbuild] TeX Live builds -- second summary [updated sources]

Peter Breitenlohner peb at mppmu.mpg.de
Mon May 4 18:29:18 CEST 2009

On Mon, 4 May 2009, Angelo Graziosi wrote:

> After the build, I have installed TL2009. I have used the same method I use
> for TL2008, i.e. move the inst/bin to /usr/local/texlive/2008, then
>
> /tmp/texlive/2008/install-tl -location /tmp/texlive/2008
>
> in which /tmp/texlive/2008 is rsynced with
>
> rsync.tex.ac.uk::CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet/2008
>
> But now, with TL2009, in the install-tl.log I find the following failure:

> [...]
> This is a summary of all `failed' messages and warnings:
> `pdftex -ini  -jobname=jadetex -progname=jadetex &latex jadetex.ini' failed
> `pdftex -ini  -jobname=pdfjadetex -progname=pdfjadetex &pdflatex
> pdfjadetex.ini' failed
> `luatex -ini  -jobname=lualatex -progname=lualatex lualatex.ini' failed
> `luatex -ini  -jobname=pdflualatex -progname=pdflualatex pdflualatex.ini'
> failed
> `luatex -ini  -jobname=luatex -progname=luatex luatex.ini' failed
> `luatex -ini  -jobname=pdfluatex -progname=pdfluatex pdfluatex.ini' failed
> `mf-nowin -ini  -jobname=mf -progname=mf -translate-file=cp227.tcx mf.ini'
> failed
> `omega -ini  -jobname=omega -progname=omega omega.ini' failed
> `omega -ini  -jobname=lambda -progname=lambda lambda.ini' failed

Hi Angelo,

the last two are obvious: in TL2009 there is no omega, only aleph.

As for the rest I have no idea, not being familiar with the post-build part
of all that. I would, however, think that you have to use something like
rsync.tex.ac.uk::CTAN/systems/texlive/tlnet/2009 provided such already
exists. There have been lots of changes in this area and you might have to
use svn://tug.org/texlive/trunk/Master or equivalent.

Probably someone else can give you a better answer.

Regards
Peter