[texworks] TeXworks 0.6.8 released

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 10:38:56 CET 2023

Hi guys!

I don't know if this were used on the command line, whether it would both
initialise and set a wanted directory, and also as well trigger the display
of the wanted dialog box during setup execution?

May not if what you say already overrides everything anyway Stefan.

I'm not in a position to check that myself just now ...

DIR="x:\dirname"
Overrides the default directory name displayed on the Select Destination
Location wizard page. A fully qualified pathname must be specified. May
include an "expand:" prefix which instructs Setup to expand any constants
in the name. For example: '/DIR=expand:{autopf}\My Program'.

https://jrsoftware.org/ishelp/topic_setupcmdline.htm

Paul

On Monday, 20 February 2023, Stefan Löffler <st.loeffler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Phil,
>
> On 19.02.23 23:39, Philip Taylor (Hellenic Institute) wrote:
>>
>> That's weird - I do get a page allowing me to "Select Destination
Location" (directly after the license confirmation screen) when running the
setup...

>> Ah, I don't — see attached screenshots (5)
>>

> Hm, I think I may have found the origin of this. The documentation [
https://jrsoftware.org/ishelp/index.php?topic=setup_disabledirpage] of the
installer generator says that, by default, it only displays the "Select
Destination Location" page for new installs of the program. If it detects
that the program was installed previously, it opts to use the same
location, i.e. to overwrite the old version. I guess that's a reasonable
default for most users who will likely simply want to upgrade (also since I
don't know if - i.e., doubt that - the uninstaller, start menu icons, etc.
will be able to distinguish between and allow to pick a specific version).
For pro users, there's still the zip ;).