[texworks] Feature/enhancement request

Philip Taylor (Hellenic Institute) P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Sun May 1 19:30:53 CEST 2022

On 01/05/2022 18:22, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> I'll let Stefan answer your question, but as a workaround, wouldn't it
> be possible to configure the Algol-68 typesetting script to strip the
> first line before compiling?

That certainly is a possibility (which I had not considered) but I have
to confess that my scripting skills are not what they were when I was
still using DCL ("Digital Command Language", the command-line language
for VAX/VMS).  I will have to give this some thought ...

> Specifically, I'm guessing that you've configured the "Algol-68" tool
> to run your compiler with arguments based on the current file.
> Instead, have it run some scripting language that removes the first
> line, saves to a temp file, and then passes that to the compiler.
Yes, correct and understood.
> I do similar things with R as the scripting language to process things
> using "knitr".  The whole script becomes so invisible that I had a
> hard time just now remembering where to find it to remind myself how
> it works.

OK, many thanks for the suggestion.  I shall give it some thought.

--
/** Phil./