[texworks] TeXworks 0.6.7 released

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 07:20:20 CET 2022

Dear Paul,

On 07.03.22 12:41, Paul A Norman wrote:
> I can reopen simple (short) documents, but today I tried to open a
> document with 18, 998 lines. (Providing an MWE is impractical for many
> reasons.)
>
> Running in portable mode, TexWorks opened nicely and quickly, but hung
> once I asked it to open the long .tex document

Thanks for testing, reporting, and looking into this in general. Your
report was very helpful in confirming what was recently reported at
https://github.com/TeXworks/texworks/issues/963 and also hopefully got
me on the right track of figuring out what was going on. Unfortunately,
it seems to be related to the "disappearing lines" problem (that
apparently still haunts me to this day ;)). I have written up my
complete hypothesis at the issue linked above.

If I'm correct, this will only go away (hopefully for good) once
TeXworks is fully migrated to Qt 6, which I am currently working on, but
which takes time.

All the best,
Stefan