[texworks] TeXworks 0.6.7 released

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 12:41:43 CET 2022

HI Stefan,

I dont know if any one else has struck this yet, but I was trying to work
with that current version from. . .

TeXworks-win-0.6.7-202202261139-git_*23c4c74*.zip

I can reopen simple (short) documents, but today I tried to open a document
with 18, 998 lines. (Providing an MWE is impractical for many reasons.)

Running in portable mode, TexWorks opened nicely and quickly, but hung once
I asked it to open the long .tex document

I recall from the deep past that perhaps similar things had happened with
other versions while in development, and then we removed the syntax and
even .pdf files previously generated.
I tried that today, to no avail.

Task Manager shows the following:

[image: image.png]

I have collected a rather large (164mb) dump file (TeXworks.DMP) if it
would be useful.

I have tried leaving it running for long periods of time, to no avail
either, and have to manually force it closed.

So then I ran an *earlier version* of TeXworks (*0.4.5 r 1280* official) *and
all is fine* . . .
I can open the same long .tex document, render the .pdf and it makes the
syntex file successfully on the fly as well.
And all works fine, editing and com[piling the document continues to work
well using *0.4.5 r 1280* official.

I am sorry that I can not provide any further information at present.

Other than to say that in order to make sure that none of the hook scripts,
or running in portable mode. or other like things were getting in the way,
I tried a clean install straight from the .zip, into a clean directory but
still have the same issue, of the application freezing into "not
responding" state once I try to open the large document..

Kindest regards,
Paul