[texworks] portable version of texworks

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 02:48:26 CEST 2021

Hi Michael,

Welcome to TeXworks!

For portable usage setup, you'll want to see in the manual pages 5, and 29
(for the main topic) ...

5.7 Portable Usage & Changing the
Configuration

If you want to read the latest manual prior to installation, it is
available here in English and French, under "Releases" (click it):

https://github.com/TeXworks/manual/releases/

Here is a direct link to the current .pdf in English.

https://github.com/TeXworks/manual/releases/download/2021-03-08/TeXworks-manual-en.pdf

Hopefully you will find everything you need to know in there.

Kind regards,
Paul

On Friday, 2 July 2021, Michael Morgan <michaelmorgan937 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> I am planning to use TeXworks in my windows machine. I saw that besides
the exe file there is also a zip file for downloading. Is that a portable
version? Any additional settings needed for the portable version setup? I
usually put portable version program under dropbox so the preference of the
program can be synced. In which file the preference setting of TeXworks is
saved?