[texworks] License and copyright

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 21:58:20 CEST 2021

Hi,

On 24.06.21 15:43, Felipe wrote:
>  What is the license of the icons which are in Texworks software
> interface,and specifically the white hand icon?

Generally, TeXworks is under the GPLv2+ license.

Icon sources are documented in
https://github.com/TeXworks/texworks/blob/master/modules/QtPDF/icons/tango-qtpdf/README
and
https://github.com/TeXworks/texworks/blob/master/res/icons/tango-texworks/README

As for the white hand icon, that is derived from a Qt icon (which is
currently under a variety of licenses, including GPLv2, GPLv3, and LGPL3).

> I also what is the license of the mouse cursor images? I am using
> Windows 10, when I am on the pdf viewer, my cursor changes.

Most cursors are either derived from Qt (see above) or taken from the
Tango project (which is in the public domain).

> I thank you for your time and attention. If something in my english
> isn't clear, feel free to ask me.

HTH,
Stefan