[texworks] Please test the new macOS build

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue May 4 11:58:09 CEST 2021

On 04.05.21 10:46, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> In macOS Catalina 10.15.7, it fails to start with this message:
>
> “TeXworks.app” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be
> verified.  macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware.

Indeed - but as far as I know this should be the same for any
application not signed by a (quite expensive!) Apple certificate -
including all recent builds of TeXworks.
Anyway, you can get around it by Ctrl+Clicking on the icon and selecting
Open (which should give you the same dialog, but with the additional
option to open the app regardless of whether Apple has verified it or not).
(See also
https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-app-unidentified-developer-3669596/
are similar websites)

Kind regards,