[texworks] Bug report: opening new blank document (Windows 10)

Kyle Woodward kyle.woodward at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 18:32:09 CEST 2021

Hi all,

Opening a blank document (empty file) in TeXworks on Windows 10 has
resulted in an error for awhile now; it's a minor inconvenience (I add some
content in vi, then TeXworks works fine) but it remains in the new release.

Steps to reproduce (Windows 10):
* Create a new empty file, please-work-this-time.tex
* Open the file

Expected behavior:
* TeXworks opens the blank document

Actual behavior:
* If TeXworks is already open, screen flashes quickly, focus shifts to
existing open TeXworks window, blank document never opens
* If TeXworks is not already open, screen flashes quickly, a new TeXworks
window opens with filename "untitled-2.tex"

I assume that "screen flashes quickly" is TeXworks opening the blank
document then closing it, but by "flash" I mean a fraction of a second so I
cannot really see what's happening.

Kyle