[texworks] Select citation filter not working after update

Wertz, Julie H julie_wertz at harvard.edu
Mon Apr 19 10:36:53 CEST 2021

Today I updated to the 21 March 2021 version through the MiKTeX console. Previously, when I ran the Insert Citation command (Ctrl+Shift+C), the citation list for my referenced bibfile would appear and typing would automatically filter down based on what I typed. Since updating, the filter box has no effect on the list of available sources, which is very long for my project. I have to manually scroll to select the desired source and then check the box, it is significantly more difficult to use. I cannot find anywhere on the internet or in the previously asked questions someone who has had this problem or any sort of resolution. I do not understand why the filtering is no longer working but it definitely stopped with the update today.

----- configuration info -----
TeXworks version : 0.6.6 (MiKTeX) [r.24442ac0, 11-Mar-21 11:03 AM]
MiKTeX version   : MiKTeX 21.3
Install location : C:/Users/juw777/AppData/Local/Programs/MiKTeX/miktex/bin/x64/miktex-texworks.exe
Library path     : C:/Users/juw777/AppData/Local/MiKTeX/TeXworks/0.6/
pdfTeX location  : C:/Users/juw777/AppData/Local/Programs/MiKTeX/miktex/bin/x64/pdftex.exe
Operating system : Windows 10 Enterprise, 64-bit, build 18363
Qt version       : 5.15.2 (build) / 5.15.2 (runtime)