[texworks] texworks NOT working

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 14:27:59 CEST 2021

On 15/04/2021 5:46 a.m., Arthur Mutambara wrote:
> but the memory is 1.88Mb. how can it be empty

One way this kind of thing can happen is if you store the file on a
removable device, and remove it before the system has fully updated it.
  Always tell the system you're going to remove it, and wait until it
says it is safe to remove.

Another way (less likely these days, I think) is a hardware fault in the
device that's supposed to save the file.  Nothing you can do to prevent
that, but at least it doesn't happen often.

Both situations cause much less trouble if you keep backups.  If you
weren't keeping them before, now you know why you should.

Duncan Murdoch