[texworks] TeXworks 0.6.6 released

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Wed Mar 24 11:59:24 CET 2021

Philip Taylor wrote:

>> Many thanks for the feedback, Stefan — much appreciated.  May I ask,
>> as an aside, whether there is any target release date for a version
>> supporting draggable rulers / guides — I really do need these !

P.S.  I am sure that I am not the only Windows user who installs a new
version of TeXworks only to find that his/her operating system
resolutely refuses to recognise or accept it as the default handler for
.tex documents [1].  It might be worth adding a brief section to the
release notes (or wherever) linking to the Microsoft documentation for
the CMD procedures 'assoc'
<https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/assoc>&
'ftype'
<https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/ftype>,
together with a brief note as to how these can be used together to
regain control of the .tex assocation(s).

** Phil.
--------
[1] In my case, it believed that .tex files were of type
TL.TeXworks.edit.2018