[texworks] Biber

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Tue Oct 20 20:25:39 CEST 2020

On 20/10/2020 18:49, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:
> If my response to Paulo is still correct, I think this is a bug in
> TeXWorks. It needs to set up a correct PATH variable for child processes
> that it launches, if they in turn can execute child processes (although
> there are significant security implications for this). GUI applications
> on Mac OS X do not inherit environment variables from shell config
> files: the developer needs to provide an interface to set the
> environment appropriate (including the PATH); TextMate is a good example
> of how to do this. Alternately, maybe Joseph could wrap biber in a shell
> script that sets up a good environment.

For the TeXworks list: Dick Koch (TeXShop developer) gave some info on
how it works in TeXShop. Rather than try the above, he has a couple of
dedicated entries in the GUI: one for the TeX binaries, one for
GhostScript. That's slightly different to how TeXworks operates, of course.

Seems I will have to go with the Terminal-lauch idea or (more likely)
just run Biber at the Terminal when I need it.

Joseph