[texworks] Biber

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Tue Oct 20 19:49:54 CEST 2020

If my response to Paulo is still correct, I think this is a bug in TeXWorks. It needs to set up a correct PATH variable for child processes that it launches, if they in turn can execute child processes (although there are significant security implications for this). GUI applications on Mac OS X do not inherit environment variables from shell config files: the developer needs to provide an interface to set the environment appropriate (including the PATH); TextMate is a good example of how to do this. Alternately, maybe Joseph could wrap biber in a shell script that sets up a good environment.

regards,
Adam

(sorry for top posting; webmail sucks)